Professor George Ferzoco
University of Bristol
E: ferzoco @ gmail.com
The Troubador Italian Studies series is always pleased to consider new proposals for books in areas of Italian Studies. If you are interested in submitting a proposal, you may first wish to determine whether it woudl be of interest to the Series Editor (contact details opposite). The information we require in a proposal is the same, irrespective of whether your manuscript is completed or not. There is no prescribed length for such proposals, but they should contain enough information to offer a meaningful evaluation of a new project. They should in all cases include the following:
- The proposed title of the book/product.
- A description of its rationale, scope and unique selling points; and (if a research volume) how it makes a significant and original contribution to the literature.
- A description of the intended readership.
- A table of contents.
- How it relates to other publications on the topic.
- Details of the proposed length, the level and type of illustration required.
- The intended completion date (if not already written)
- Brief biographical details of the author(s).
If you are submitting a proposal for a multi-author project, please indicate who the contributors are, their affiliations and what they will contribute.
Once a proposal is received, it will be evaluated by the Series Editor to determine whether it fits with the series aims and scope. If it does, the proposal will then be sent for external peer review. This may take weeks or a few months, but we aim to make a decision as quickly as possible.
No author fees are charged by the Series. Single authors receive five free copies of the book, once published; contributors receive a single free copy. Further copies for personal use may be bought by authors and contributors at a discount.